Our friend, Frog Smart Gal Janna Johnson Garza turned us onto Bre Pettis, who, in collaboration with Kio Stark, has penned the Manifesto of Done — a treatise for our time. It seems the duo created the movement in 20 minutes, because “we only had 20 minutes to get it done.”
On a visit to his great blog, you will learn first that there are thirteen pegs to the Done Manifesto:
The Cult of Done Manifesto
- There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
- Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
- There is no editing stage.
- Pretending you know what you’re doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you’re doing even if you don’t and do it.
- Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
To learn the rest of the 13 rules click here.